The City of Rochester has posted a Request for Proposals for development at the Port of Rochester.
The City is looking to develop the private sector along the waterfront, to work with the marina, promenade, improvements to the Port Terminal Building, and other upgrades recently understaken at the Port.
The City of Rochester considers the enhanced development of the port area as a high priority, and says the development is being guided by over two decades of planning as reflected in the City’s
Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP) www.cityofrochester.gov/LWRP.
The LWRP includes recommendations to transform the waterfront resources, historic and cultural assets into a regional tourism destination.
The City of Rochester lays out the following goals in their RFP:
- Maximizing housing, business, and waterfront tourism–‐related opportunities
- Increasing the number of enhanced quality waterfront amenities
- Providing premier waterfront accommodations, as well as entertainment and dining venues
- Developing an efficient and effective infrastructure system that supports waterfront- -related activity and increases public access
- Maintaining a port area that supports the highest quality of life standards for residents, visitors, as well as the local community
- Encouraging environmentally sensitive and sustainable development
The City is seeking a developer to undertake the private development of City-owned property at 4752 Lake Avenue, located at the Port.
According to the RFP, the City intends to select a development plan that will:
- Present the highest and best use for the site;
- Return the site to the tax roll and increase the City’s tax base;
- Present high quality design and visually enhance the adjacent streetscapes;
- Provide uses that relate to and activate the adjacent waterfront; and,
- Create permanent job opportunities for city residents.
An informational meeting will be held on Thursday, November 8 in the City Council Chambers at Rochester City Hall. The meeting will be held at 3:30 p.m.
A complete electronic copy (on CD or flash drive) and ten (10) hard copies of the proposal shall
be submitted by the Submission Deadline: 4:30 PM, Monday, January 28, 2019, to:
Rick Rynski, Associate Administrative Analyst
Department of Neighborhood &
City Hall, Room 005A
30 Church Street
Rochester, New York 14614
The City requests paper proposals be submitted on 8.5 x 11 inch paper. One copy of the proposal must be signed by an officer or trustee of the organization who is empowered to contractually obligate
the organization. The proposal and any materials submitted shall become the property of the
City, and the City is not obligated to return such documents. Each proposal must include at a
minimum, the items listed in this RFP as per Section VII. Submission Requirements.
Proposals submitted after 4:30 p.m. on Monday, January 28, 2019 will not be considered.