District: ‘No credible threat’ after Brockport CSD lockout District: ‘No credible threat’ after Brockport CSD lockout
District leaders say deputies determined there was no credible threat after a tip prompted a school lockout Friday morning in Brockport. Brockport schools were... District: ‘No credible threat’ after Brockport CSD lockout

District leaders say deputies determined there was no credible threat after a tip prompted a school lockout Friday morning in Brockport.

Brockport schools were placed in lockout after the report of the potential threat against the high school. The lockout has since been lifted.

Speaking Friday morning, Superintendent Leslie Myers-Small said investigators determined there was no risk to students. The report of the threat came from an anonymous phone call to the district’s tip line. After getting the tip, the district quickly reacted, Dr. Myers-Small told reporters.

“Our system worked well,” Dr. Myers-Small said of the response to the reported threat. “The tip line was called and we acted upon it immediately.”

The district says, while an investigation is underway, they are unable to discuss the details of the potential threat and if the student involved will face any charges.

Classes are underway as normal in Brockport.   — ROCHESTER FIRST

 

Christopher Dupree

No comments so far.

Be first to leave comment below.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *